SOLEMNLY ANNOUNCING of the CONSTITUTION
We, members of Trade Unions, Student Unions and Civil Society Organizations (NGOs), Student Organizations, High School, College and University Teachers from all parts of Africa who have freely accepted the Project Article 26, have decided to create the CONTINENTAL COORDINATION For AFRICA (CCA) in order to facilitate exchanges and actions within the guidelines of the said project. The objective of the international Project is as follows:
The Project “Extension of Human Rights to Education” has been conceptualized as a proposal to the UN. Various social actors involved in the extension of human rights to education will work out different aspects of this matter with the aim of formulating a “Declaration on the Extension of Human Rights to Education” to the UN for voting. The project focuses on Article 26 of the UN Declaration of Human Rights which is to be modified/supplemented in the sense of a progressive enlargement.
The goal of extending Article 26 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights while developing a broad base of legitimacy will be a meaningful experience for all people excluded from democratic structures. This is an interesting relevant perspective, a vision, because there is rarely time for humanity to act as legislators and articulate its undistorted interests from the outside.
The African continent is already involved in this project with 20 countries and is playing a leading role in the creation of global and regional organizations for the project.
From that perspective, partner organizations have decided to create a Continental Coordination for Africa and solemnly announce the constitution of the CCA.
All African participants who are ready to support this voluntary project as partners and to take initiatives in the formulation of a declaration for the extension of human rights to education are cordially invited to join us on this long road. This coordination in the African level is subdivided into three different zones: Francophone Regional Zone, Anglophone Regional Zone and Lusophone Regional Zone. Currently we have four representatives: DOKOUMOU Romain from Benin, COULIBALY from Ivory Coast, MUMBUA from Kenya and Austin MUSWERE from Zimbabwe. This institution thus created, coordinates the activities not only for these different zones but also for the zones to be created later. The CCA will participate in the decision- making bodies of the International Coordination and will report to the grassroots.
We ask you to join this campaign to make the right to education for every child a reality in the 21st century. Please find attached the «Project Dossier» for your reference. For any other questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to write to us.
In the Name of the CCA Members
Romain DOUKOUMOU – BENIN
Coulibaly ABDOULAYE – IVORY COAST
Bernadetta MUMBUA – KENYA
Austin MUSWERE – ZIMBABWE
• Organisation Béninoise des Spécialistes de la Petite Enfance (OBSPE)
• Syndicat National des Enseignants des Ecoles Maternelles du Bénin (SYNAEM)
• Syndicat National de l’Enseignement Primaire Public du Bénin (SNEP)
• Syndicat National des Instituteurs Acteurs du Développement pour une Education de Qualité au Bénin (SYNIADEQ)
• Syndicat National de l’Enseignement Secondaire Public du Bénin (SYNESP)
• Association pour la Survie en l’Entraide des Personnes Handicapées, les Enfants Démunis et les Orphelins (ASEPHEDO)
• Syndicat National des Personnels des Enseignements Maternel, Primaire et Secondaire du Secteur Privé du Benín (SYNAPEMAPS-SP)
• Syndicat National des Enseignants du Second Degré de Côte D’ivoire (SYNESCI)
• Kenya Union of Domestic, Hotels, Educational Institutions, Hospitals
and Allied Workers (KUDHEIHA)
• Consortium of Education Defenders of Liberia (COEDEL)
• Private Schools Employees Union of Malawi (PSEUM)
• Union des Travailleurs de Mauritanie (UTM)
• Teachers Union of Namibia
• Syndicat National des Agents de la Formation et de l’Education du Niger (SYNAFEN)
• Syndicat national des Travailleurs de l’Education du Niger (SYNTEN)
• Alliance Globale Pour l’éducation Et Le Developpement (AGEDE)
• Syndicat Général des Inspecteurs de l’Enseignement Primaire (SGIEP)
• Uganda Liberal Teachers’ Union, (ULITU)
• Professional Teachers Union of Zambia (PROTUZ-Zambia)
• General Agriculture and Plantation Workers Union of Zimbabwe (GAPWUZ)